Friday, December 17, 2010

12/17 The 100 Days Project / Herrmann 'Psycho' Remix

Graphic artist/designer Jessica Svendsen is in the middle of very cool project:  100 variations on a poster of a Beethoven concert from 1955 by Josef Müller-Brockmann.  I can relate to a daily blog project, that's for sure! :)

The original poster:


Some "iterations":

Ms. Svendsen's main 100 Days page HERE.

Fantastic work.

UPDATE: See here...

Speaking of remixes, this video I made below myself has nothing to do with Beethoven, except that it features my second favorite composer, Bernard Herrmann.  I checked with the blog editor (i.e. - myself) and it was approved for inclusion in today's Daily Beethoven.  Back in 2001 I made a "techno" remix of Bernard Herrmann's Main Title theme of Alfred Hitchcock's film "Psycho". It includes excerpts from Hitchcock's monologue in the film trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment