Thursday, May 12, 2011

5/12 Piano Sonata 9 (Color Analysis)

(Artwk by Chocolate-Cocoa)
I'm going to start doing color analysis of some more piano sonatas...just to make it interesting I'm picking up after the Pathetique...

Piano Sonata #9 In E, Op.14/1 (1798)

- 1. Allegro (starting from 0:03)
- 2. Allegretto (starting from 6:01)
- 3. Rondo: Allegro Comodo (starting from 9:10)

The audio for this analysis was generated from a midi file originally sequenced by Bunji Hisamori in 1999.  I took that file and "spread" the notes so that listening to this on headphones will give a very distinct spacial distinction between the low voices and the high voices.  In other words, it sounds like you're sitting in front of the piano, with low notes on the right and higher notes going towards the right.  I'm calling this "Beethoven 360". 


CHANNEL LINK (Click here to see this video on my YT Channel. Once there, click on "(more info)" and then you can view the video in place, while scrolling through the text below)
Movement I. Allegro (Sonata form)
Exposition
1st Theme (I) (GREEN)
Transition (BROWN)
2nd Theme (V) (BLUE)
Exposition Repeat
1st Theme (I) (LT GREEN)
Transition (LT BROWN)
2nd Theme (V) (LT BLUE)
Development
Variations on 1st and 2nd Themes (VIOLET)
Recapitulation
1st Theme (Variation) (I) GREEN)
Transition (BROWN)
2nd Theme (I) (BLUE)
Coda (DARK BLUE)

Movement II. - Allegretto (Scherzo w Trio)
Part A
1st Theme (GREEN)
2nd Theme (BROWN)
3rd Theme (BLUE)
Codetta (PURPLE)
Trio (Maggiore) (V)
Part 1 (MAROON)
Part 2 (DARK BROWN)
Part A  Repeat
1st Theme (LT GREEN)
2nd Theme (LT BROWN)
3rd Theme (LT BLUE)
Codetta (LT PURPLE)
Coda (PURPLE)

Movement III. - Allegro Comodo (Rondo ABACABA)
1st Theme (I) (GREEN)
2nd Theme (V) (BLUE)
1st Theme (GREEN)
Transition (MAROON)
3rd Theme (flat III) (VIOLET)
1st Theme(GREEN)
2nd Theme (IV) (BLUE)
1st Theme/Coda (SEA GREEN)

(Assisted by Donald Tovey's in depth analysis)

No comments:

Post a Comment